Jan 3, 2012

Quadrantids Meteors are coming

 If you're a fanatic for Meteor Showers, as my hubby and I are then you won't want to miss this "show" tonight.  They are predicting 100 meteors per hour.  Peak meteor activity is predicted to occur at around 2:30 a.m. EST (0730 GMT) and the shower favors North American observers.  Of course they say it is going to be "Mostly Cloudy" where I live but I am getting up anyway and going outside. 

Who else likes Meteor Showers?  The best one I have ever seen was the Leonids in 2001 when I lived in Tucson AZ.  Talk about Spectacular!  There were at least 100/hr and lots of colorful Fireballs.  It was so amazing. 

Check this link for more info on tonights show.

Quadrantids Meteors are coming

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...