Feb 26, 2012

Lowe's Home Improvement Clearance Plants

Since Spring is starting for some sooner than others, I have to share a secret.  (Some may already know this one ;-) Every Spring/Summer, I shop at Lowe's outdoor plant clearance racks.  I LOVE them! I find plants there that are a bit wilted, soil is dry, no flowers, etc.  Plant vendors come in and pull these types of plants off the main stock because they are "not sellable".  However, Lowe's puts them on clearance at 50% to 90% off. These plants have lots of life in them, just need a little TLC.  Lowe's just doesn't have the time to give them.  So their loss is your gain.  I have found Hibiscus trees there for $5 marked down from $30.  Bought 4 last year and they are still growing strong.  Also found nice rose bushes for $2.50 marked down from $30.  Marigolds, Impatiens and Geraniums 6pks between .10 - .25 down from $6 a pack. Planter of 6 Gerber plants for $2 down from $14. I have only had one plant die that I have bought from these racks. 

I could go on and on, but you get the point.  If you don't have Lowe's, then check your local Home Improvement store.  Please let me know what deals you have found.  I would love to see them too.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the tip! I have been looking for a budget friendly store to shop for new home decors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so very welcome. We have two Lowe's here, but I found one to be better than the other for the clearance plant prices. It is up to each store manager how to discount these plants. Happy Gardening !

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...