Feb 26, 2012

Got Weeds? Use Vinegar, Not Roundup

I have a few dogs and I can't use Roundup or any of the other pesticides in our yard. But yes I do get weeds in my garden.
How to Apply: You can use a watering can, a spray bottle or a pump-sprayer to apply cheap, undiluted, store-brand white Vinegar. Be sure to rinse your sprayer after use, or metal parts (if any) can corrode.  Make your application on a sunny, calm (not windy) day. Vinegar is not selective; use caution when applying to weeds which grow in lawn grass. Be careful not to spray on any plants you dont want to kill.  Try it and give me feedback !!!

2 comments:

  1. I have a bed that has no plants and is about to be landscaped soon. Can I spray the weeds now with the vinegar and then several days later, begin our landscaping without the fear of harming our plants? Just wondering if the effects of the vinegar will still be present in the dirt days later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the delay in response. I really don't know the direct answer to this question. I do know that Vinegar will lower the pH of the soil, making it more acidic. This could be good if your soil is alkaline, not so good if it is already acidic. Will also depend on the type of plants you are going to put in your garden bed. Personally, I wouldnt recommend it, but do some research on the web. Maybe it would be okay. :-)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...